Helping Public Safety Agencies Optimize Their Workforce
Staffing struggles have plagued public safety agencies for years, a situation that is worsening due to an aging workforce, telecommunicator shortages, high turnover rates and stressful working conditions.
Job profiles are fundamentally shifting, demanding upskilling and change management. With this in mind, new ideas for how to evolve the public safety workforce to deliver improved emergency response in the digital age are imperative.
Emergency communications centers that are successful at optimizing their workforce have thought strategically about how to attract, grow, train and retain talent. At Mission Critical Partners, we support the leadership of public safety organizations in overcoming their staffing struggles and implementing effective workforce-optimization programs that put the right people in the right positions and employ innovative strategies to sustain and retain them.
We help public safety agencies determine ideal staffing levels and improve shift and assignment effectiveness by addressing workload demands, align with industry best practices and implement innovative recruitment, training and retainment programs.
- 2020 Public Safety Industry Outlook
- Security Training: A Key Element of a Strong Cyberrisk Prevention Program
- Client Success Story: Memphis Police and 911 Communications Enjoy a Remarkable Rebirth
- Use the Concept of the 'Virtual Bench' to Attract A Players to your Public Safety Organization
- Mission Critical Partners Helps Florida PSAP Take Steps to Resolve a 911 Staffing Crisis
See How Working with MCP can Help Transform the Workforce
MCP brings specialized experience that makes us uniquely situated to help agencies build effective organizational structures and cultures. In fact, more than half of our subject-matter experts are former first responders. We’ve worked with agencies large and small to:
- Provide an impartial, third-party view into an agency’s operational environment
- Implement new and innovative recruiting strategies
- Reduce staff turnover and improve workforce performance
- Enhance operational performance and personnel morale
- Assess new organizational structures and talent-development strategies
- Build a sustainable workforce based on national standards and the experience gained by working on more than 30 staffing studies
How We Do It
Staffing and organizational assessments
Strategic and executive-level consulting
Compensation and benefits review
Memphis Police and 911 Communications Enjoys a Remarkable Rebirth with MCP's Support
With design and technical support from MCP, Memphis Police and 911 Communications retrofitted the police department’s training academy to a state-of-the-art 11,000 square foot primary 911 center.
Staffing the Ever-Evolving PSAP
See the 10 factors every PSAP needs to consider when it comes to staffing the next generation workforce.
How NG911 and Public Safety Broadband Will Impact Operations
Our whitepaper discusses the profound operational changes that 911 centers must make to take advantage of new capabilities.
Workforce Optimization: A Smarter Approach to Resolving 911's Staffing Struggles
This whitepaper explores the concept of workforce optimization, a far more holistic approach that requires a change in thinking.
MCP Helps Florida PSAP Resolve a 911 Staffing Struggle
Learn how a Florida PSAP is on its way to being completely staffed by filling all call-taker positions while completely revamping a telecommunicator training program.
Infographic: Overcome Staffing Challenges with Workforce Optimization
Learn what steps emergency communications center leaders should take to begin overcoming their staffing challenges today while preparing for tomorrow.