A Decade Dedicated to Transforming Emergency Response
MCP was founded in 2009 from humble beginnings.
Our co-founders, Kevin Murray, Brian Bark and Len Kowalski, started the firm in makeshift offices above their garages and in their basements with a vision of evolving emergency response for the clients we serve and their communities.
They were soon joined by David F. Jones and David Boyce. Together, they spent countless hours and weekends building a company consisting of innovators, engineers, subject-matter experts, former first responders and project managers who share a common passion – delighting clients and improving life-safety outcomes.
Just one year later they opened an office in Texas before hitting the 50 staff member milestone in 2012. MCP’s founders had a vision of growing the firm to 75 employees, the size they believed would give it influence in shaping the future of public safety communications. Today, MCP has more than 115 specialized public safety professionals and we could not be prouder to have positively influenced the mission in so many communities…because the mission matters.
- MCP founded
- Work on FEMA’s Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program partnering with IEM
- Emergency Number Professional Program (ENP) training program initiated
- Dallas, Texas office opens
- Pennsylvania 14-County Emergency Services Internet Protocol Network implemented
- 50 staff member milestone
- Kansas Next Generation 911 Strategic Plan published
- MCP’s Lifecycle Management Services (LMS) Business launched
- Pennsylvania Automatic License Reader Program (ALPR) established
- Arizona FirstNet Project begins
- Statewide Nebraska Wireless Testing project starts
- Illinois Next Generation 911 Feasibility Study published
- Next Generation 911 Cost Study goes to Congress
- Maryland 911 Strategic Plan issued
- Athena Advanced Networks becomes part of MCP
- 100 staff member milestone
- MCP launches a proprietary assessment program, the Model for Advancing Public Safety (MAPS), and completes 61 assessments for public safety
- Ten years of MCP milestone
- NetInform, NetPulse and NetPulse Secure solutions become available
- Reinforced vendor-neutrality commitment
- Black & Veatch Public Safety becomes part of MCP
- URL Integration becomes part of MCP
- Denver, CO office opens
The Next Era of Our Evolution
For the past decade, we have been dedicated to helping evolve emergency response for the clients we serve and their communities, and we’re excited for what the next 10 years will bring.
Our success and growth can be attributed to the people who have positively influenced our firm, our passionate staff members and our clients who know we will do whatever it takes to improve emergency response.
As we enter our second decade, we are just as excited about where we are going as where we’ve been. What’s coming to the public safety sector will be profound and transformative.
We remain committed to leading the sector toward a very exciting future and helping our clients navigate the change by serving their interests and exceeding their expectations.
Achievements in Public Safety
Client Success Stories
Butler County, PA Maximizes the Value of its Land Mobile Radio System with MCP's Guidance
Working alongside MCP, a Butler County, PA public safety organization was able to reduce its system implementation costs while boosting the coverage and capacity capabilities of its land mobile radio system.
Florida County Gains Real-Time 911 Network Visibility with MCP’s Co-Managed IT Platform
Lee County, FL Department of Public Safety 911 officials gain 24/7 visibility into their 911 network with one, simple-to-use platform that helps ensure their network is functioning at a high level of reliability.
MCP Helps Fort Myers PSAP Resolve a 911 Staffing Crisis
After completing a staffing assessment and by embracing the concept of workforce optimization, the Fort Myers 911 Center was able to solve its staffing issues and improve operations and performance.