Expediting the Transition to Next Generation 911
NG911 is a standards-based, Internet Protocol (IP)-based broadband system that enables transmission of images, videos, and other kinds of rich data that would choke narrowband systems, in addition to voice calls. NG911 will create cost and operational efficiencies, and will enhance situational awareness and interoperable communications, which in turn will enable emergency responders to perform more effectively and safely. As NG911 integrates with the public safety broadband networks, a seamless, unified emergency response ecosystem will emerge. MCP is highly experienced in planning, designing, and implementing NG911 systems.
Preparing for the Future with The Trusted Expert in NG911
The MCP team is the premier provider of NG911 consulting services, helping clients optimize their NG911 call-delivery technologies, operations, and policies to ensure a seamless transition. In addition, we can support emergency services IP network (ESInet) procurement and implementation, and offer solutions that enhance data interoperability and integration. The following is a partial list of our capabilities:
- Developing NG911 strategic plans that address the agency’s unique goals and yield one result — progress
- Developing or enhancing of agency policies systems, and processes to support the transition to NG911
- Ensuring a smooth procurement and implementation of NG911, as well as sustainable results
- Enhancing network reliability and security after implementation to reduce downtime risks
- Data integration and analytics support to improve emergency response capabilities
Mastering the Key to Next Generation 911 Interoperability
NG911 interoperability is the ability of different 911 systems to work together seamlessly, allowing emergency responders to rapidly and effectively share information and resources. MCP helps organizations achieve interoperability by conducting thorough analyses of their existing systems and designing comprehensive plans to bridge gaps and meet industry standards.
Specific interoperability benefits include:
- Increased efficiency and productivity — when disparate devices and systems can communicate with each other, efficiency of data exchange and overall productivity increases dramatically.
- Improved decision-making — with access to more accurate and up-to-date information, decision-makers can perform more effectively.
- Reduced costs —when disparate devices and systems can connect and work together, the need for duplicate resources and infrastructure is reduced, which ultimately reduces costs.
Key Areas of NG911 Expertise
Multi-year strategic planning
System architecture and design
Data integration and standard operating procedure development
NG911 and FirstNet convergence and integration
Vendor contract review and recommendations
Management: data, systems, vendors, complete solutions
Staff augmentation: GIS, technical, leadership
Text-to-911 implementation and public education outreach
Procurement, implementation and vendor management—call-handling equipment, ESInet, next generation core services (NGCS)
NG911 and GIS training, outreach, and education