State of 911 Webinar Series: PSAP Response to Railroad Incidents & Benefits of Intelligent Transportation Systems
Join us for the first State of 911 webinar in 2023, hosted by the National 911 Program and supported by Mission Critical Partners.
Public Safety Communications & Railroad Interaction
PSAPs must interact with railroad call centers and other railroad personnel when the PSAP/ECC becomes aware that an incident requiring emergency assistance threatens railroad infrastructure or is on or near railroad tracks. Unlike calls from the public, which include an address or street intersection, railroad incidents typically use a milepost, cross street, or crossing identification system. This presentation will cover the Emergency Notification System, the Federal Railroad Administration’s Cross and GIS data, and additional first responder resources.
Intelligent Transportation Systems and 911
To enhance the delivery of public safety services during emergency situations and improve traffic congestion management, the McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center (MPSTOC) brings together multiple agencies from Fairfax County and the Commonwealth of Virginia. This overview will describe the center’s operating concepts of the center and how the agencies all work together, and how 911 benefits from collocation with, and access to, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and ITS data sharing.REGISTER NOW
- Raquel Wright, Geospatial Information Officer, Federal Railroad Administration
- Monica Shaw, Transportation Specialist, Federal Railroad Administration
- Michail Grizkewitsch, Transportation Specialist, Federal Railroad Administration
- Tracy Shelton, Partnership General Manager, McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center
- Norvel Cooksey, Northern Virginia Transportation Operations Center Program Manager, Virginia Department of Transportation
- No categories