Analysis & Insights 2022
State of Today’s Public Safety Organization: 2022 Insights
This new, first-of-its-kind report produced by Mission Critical Partners summarizes where hundreds of state and local public safety organizations stand regarding seven critical aspects of public-safety operations. The 2022 Insights & Analysis Report is based on hundreds of assessments we’ve completed of the public-safety environment. These insights can prepare public safety leaders to make changes that will improve their organization and the industry.
See how the industry fared and where the most significant areas of weakness are in the 2022 Insights and Analysis Report.
- MAPS® scoring for multiple industries in public-safety operations
- Includes data from 381 MCP completed assessments since 2018
- 48-page report digital download
MCP’s Model for Advancing Public Safety® (MAPS®) is a proprietary assessment methodology developed by MCP for determining where an organization stands regarding numerous critical factors. MAPS is based on:
- Industry standards developed by organizations such as the Federal Communications Commission’s Task Force on Optimal Public Safety Answering Point Architecture, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the National Emergency Number Association, and the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International
- Formalized accreditation programs
- Best practices
- MCP’s collective expertise
The 2022 report includes data from assessments completed by MCP since 2018.
VIDEO: Learn More About MAPS
Explore Key Findings
Land Mobile Radio
Our findings show advancements in interoperability, but many LMR systems still operate largely on analog technology and a large proportion of radios lack advanced features.
Geographic Information Systems
GIS requires staff, data, hardware, software, and systems for it to be successful in the operation of a Next Generation 911 (NG911) system.
Next Generation 911 (NG911) Readiness
Our findings depict a long road ahead to implementing NG911, with almost all ECCs experiencing medium to high risk for all essential components that are critical for achieving NG911.
Emergency Communications Center (ECC) Operations
Our analysis demonstrated a need for public-safety leadership to grow beyond being focused on tactics and evolve into embracing a long-term vision and communicating it effectively throughout the organization.
While many ECCs appear to have improved management and organizational structures, most are unable to hire the full complement of personnel needed to meet today’s operating needs, let alone future needs.
Public safety agencies need significant improvement in numerous critical areas required for a proactive and resilient cybersecurity posture.
Public safety leaders should be focused on building a culture where the organization fully understands and supports the importance of data.
Listen to Highlights from the Analysis & Insights 2022 Report
You can hear MCP experts break down the findings from the State of Public Safety Report: 2022 Insights with our on-demand learning session.
The session covers:
- The latest data from MCP’s State of Public Safety Report Analysis & Insights 2022 report
- An exclusive analysis and insights on our most important findings
- Live Q&A with MCP experts
Darrin Reilly, President & CEO, Mission Critical Partners
Nicola Tidey, ENP, Project Manager, Mission Critical Partners
Bonnie Maney, Enterprise Client & Operations Manager
Jason Franks, Cybersecurity Analyst