As public safety organizations become more connected and use more devices, security risks and complexity grows.
Every year, thousands of cybersecurity incidents affect public safety agencies. Consequently, organizations must become stronger, faster and more resilient in the face of persistent and ever-changing threats. Many agencies do not fully comprehend the risks and have limited the ability to pinpoint where security dangers exist. With threats increasing by the day, it is imperative that agencies implement a proactive, wide-ranging cybersecurity risk prevention program.
Clients turn to Mission Critical Partners because we bring the largest and most experienced team of specialized public safety professionals in the industry, combined with certified information technology (IT) specialists to every cybersecurity engagement.
Working alongside our partners, we help critical infrastructure agencies strengthen their cybersecurity defenses and provide the essential intelligence that’s needed to reduce threats and disruptions to operations. Our cybersecurity expertise includes establishing a client-specific strategy, network assessments, penetration testing, physical security, 24 x 7 cybersecurity monitoring, establishment of policies and procedures and training.
- Eight Tips for Protecting Public Safety Organizations Against Phishing
- 2020 Public Safety Industry Outlook
- Security Training: A Key Element of a Strong Cybersecurity Prevention Program
- Why Public Safety Should Care About the Dark Web
- Five Things Happening in Public Safety We’re Thankful for This Thanksgiving
What Clients Can Expect
MCP’s subject-matter experts employ proven techniques based on current industry standards and best practices, as well as proprietary technologies to help clients:
- Maintain an accurate picture of their network infrastructure, an essential step to understanding the agency’s potential for cybersecurity risk exposure
- Safeguard, reduce and aid in the containment of threats that could disable or interrupt their ability to serve the community
- Reduce the potential for network failure from cybersecurity attacks
- Educate client personnel on the basics of cybersecurity threat awareness
- Aid in the establishment of cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Ensure that their IT network infrastructure is public-safety grade and current with manufacturer software releases
- Understand and actively guard against cybersecurity threats
Key Areas of Cybersecurity Expertise
Mission-Critical NetInformSM discovery services
Mission-Critical NetInformSM enterprise IT assessments
Mission-Critical NetInformSM network security assessments
Threat and vulnerability management
NetPulseSM 24 x 7 network monitoring
NetPulseSM 24 x 7 secure monitoring
Physical security assessments
Cybersecurity basic and executive training
Policies and procedures creation and support
Dark web monitoring
Ongoing cyber education and awareness
Data protection and recovery
Security incident event management (SIEM)
A Prescription for Thwarting Cyberattacks
While it is next to impossible to prevent cyberattacks entirely, taking these steps will make it more difficult for hackers to execute them and will lessen their impact on public safety communications networks when they do occur.
Next Generation 911: A New World for PSAP Network Maintenance
NG911 will improve emergency response dramatically, but will also bring unprecedented challenges that require new approaches when it comes to network maintenance and security.
The Technical Evolution of the PSAP in and NG911 and FirstNet Environment
Download this whitepaper to learn more about the cybersecurity risks that emergency communications centers will need to address in order to fully leverage the enormous capabilities of the NG911 and FirstNet platform.
Florida County Gains 911 Network Visibility with MCP's Co-Managed IT Platform
An MCP network discovery and a custom dashboard provides real-time visibility over all activities impacting network performance, as well as collaborative support.
Strategies to Mitigate Cybersecurity Risks in Today’s Emergency Communications Center
Listen to this on-demand webinar to hear mitigation strategies and best practices that agencies should employ to protect their organization.